Friday, March 6, 2015

RESTAURANT REVIEW: Township Bar & Grill

The Township Bar & Grill just recently opened in Bow Valley Square (250 6th Ave SW, Calgary, AB) in downtown Calgary. It took over the previous Redwater Rustic Grille. Even though it is a restaurant located in a corporate building, once you've stepped into the restaurant itself, you feel like you're somewhere else. This was a fantastic feeling to have given that all of us were ready for a break from work. Unfortunately I was with a group of coworkers who make fun of my endless need to take pictures of restaurants so I could not get a snapshot of the beautiful interior decor. But I've taken a picture off their website that shows part of what the restaurant looks like.



I have a weakness for fried chicken, if you didn't already get that from my Instagram. Fried chicken FOREVER. So naturally, I settled for the $17 Southern Fried Chicken (shown below). The real reason why this entree caught my attention was what the chicken would be served with ... mac and cheese. SPICY mac and cheese. Who wouldn't want that in their mouth?! The fried chicken was greasy enough to satisfy my taste buds. Don't even get me started on the spicy mac and cheese. It was baked! There was a good amount of spice so that it didn't take away from the cheesiness but still maintained a good kick in my mouth. I loved that the Township Bar & Grill served this to me on iron dish with adorable little handles on the side.


The service was a tad slow that day so I'd have to recommend that you budget at least an hour to get in and out of there. But looking forward to coming back for after work drinks and appetizers!

Township Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment